Task 2 (10 points)
Listen to the podcast. Read the statements and decide whether each statement is true (T) or false (F), according to the text. Choose the appropriate bullet point. An example (0) has been given.
0. After reading ‘The Complete Book of Fortune’, the author of the podcast started treating graphology as a serious science. F
1. Adam Brand links people’s attitude to graphology to the way it was used in the 19th century.
2. Adam Brand feels offended when graphology is looked down on.
3. Adam Brand insists on graphology being considered a science.
4. Graphology has European roots.
5. There used to be a set of rules for the use of handwriting styles.
6. The development of printing has led to handwriting becoming more varied.
7. Adam Brand’s primary line of work is connected with legal cases.
8. The shape of letters alone helps Adam Brand single out a particular personality trait.
9. When working on legal cases, Adam Brand is less interested in the psychological profile of a suspect.
10. Adam Brand suggests that handwriting analysis can give more information about a candidate than a job interview.