Task 1 (12 points)
Listen to Andrew and Mia discussing their experience and study habits while studying at university. Read the statements and decide whether each statement is true (T) or false (F), according to the discussion. An example (0) has been given.
STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY
0. Andrew has just started his master’s course. F
1. Mia decided to study Human Resources because she lost interest in Political Science.
2. Andrew started his Master’s course the year when he received his Bachelor’s degree.
3. Andrew used to write by hand more in his previous studies.
4. Professors at Andrew’s university make all notes of their lectures available online.
5. Andrew feels comfortable when having to take hand-written tests in class.
6. Andrew thinks that taking electronic notes should be discouraged.
7. Andrew finds writing by hand beneficial for studying.
8. Mia shares Andrew’s opinion on writing by hand when studying.
9. Mia expresses doubt about students’ honesty while taking online tests.
10. The use of textbooks during online tests is strictly controlled.
11. Andrew considers taking tests in the classroom less stressful than doing online tests from home.
12. Andrew states that studying for a test is unnecessary if he knows that he will be allowed to use a textbook.