Put the verbs in the brackets into the past perfect or past simple. Choose the correct answer.
1) I was watching the news when I (start) ____ feeling ill.
2) The exercises were very difficult, nobody (know) ____ what to do with them.
3) I ( finish) ____ my lesson and I was very happy at that moment.
4) By the time the film started, many cinema-goers (arrive) ____.
5) The doctor examined her leg and (find) ____ that she had broken it.
6) Before he came to Warsaw he (live) ____ in Prague.
7) When I saw her I knew we (never meet) ____ before.
8) I was hungry because I (not eat) ____ since breakfast.