Put the verbs in the brackets into the past perfect or past simple. Choose the correct answer.
1) I didn't watch TV when I (be) ____ on holiday last summer.
2) I went to the car park to get my car and I found that somebody (steal) ____ it.
3) I bought a new car because some thieves (steal) ____ my old one.
4) What were you doing when your father (come) ____?
5) The movie (start already) ____ when we arrived at the cinema.
6) Before he came to Warsaw he (live) ____ in Prague.
7) I felt really stupid because I (make) ____ a lot of mistakes.
8) I (write) ____ a long letter to my mother yesterday.